Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hattie's

We stopped here on a weeknight and arrived when it opened, so there was no waiting. There were a few people outside and a little drama. One woman, a local I presume, walked up and started to open the door, another lady in line shouted, " Get to the back of the line, bitch!". She ended up leaving and laughing about the situation by saying, "You don't know me."

Once in we were seated in the dining area, not in the back on the Patio. We were served a basket of cornbread and small biscuits, to start things off. I ordered  the gazpacho, which was fresh, and very flavorful. A perfect summer soup. I had to try the Throwdown winning fried chicken, as my entree. I chose cucumber salad and smashed potatoes, as my sides. For an extra 2.00 I requested all white meat. It came with 2 breasts and two wings served on top of the sides. I took a doggie bag, for some of the chicken. The chicken was crispy, flavorful and moist. Some of the best I have ever had. I dabbed a little of their signature hot sauce on some of the meat, but I have to say it tasted a lot like Tabasco, so it was not worth a purchase as a  souvenir.

Overall it was delicious and well worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment