Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que


We stopped in Syracuse for the evening, and decided to try a couple of the famous spots from Man v Food. I ordered the Rajin' Cajun chicken sandwich, which was marinated in mojo seasoning, according to the waitress and menu. I really didn't taste the flavor of the mojo, and it was actually the most disappointing part of my meal. The sides, on the other hand, are the standouts. I chose the mac 'n cheese, which was a creamy, cheesy, cajun tasting delight and the french fries, which were crispy and decent. Nothing spectacular. The cole slaw was good and vinegary. The collards were smokey tasting, thanks to cooking in turkey necks. This is definitely a place for carnivores, although they do have the old standby-portobello mushroom sandwich. It came with a delicious orange sauce, according to my daughter. Their hot sauce is actually hot and has a great flavor.

246 W Willow St
Syracuse, NY 13202
(315) 476-4937

No comments:

Post a Comment